Moving forward into the New Year it is good to take a thoughtful look at what you achieved in the past year, what to let go and what to celebrate and carry into your future. Here are some questions to ask yourself before the New Year:
Start with the Gratitude:
- What good and meaningful did happen to you? Why was that important? Make a list of all good events&people!
- What lessons do you take away from the past year?
- What could be one word to describe the past year? What does this word meant to you?
Appreciate your Personal Achievements:
- What was the greatest achievement for you in the past year?
- What are you most proud of?
- What new did appear in your life? How did your daily routine changed, even if it was a slight change?
- What methods of achieving goals did work best for you? What exactly made them work? What is the difference between good and bad methods?
Old and New:
- What would you like to take with you from the past year? Why?
- What would you like to continue doing in the New Year and what would you like to let go?
- What changes do you want for yourself in the New Year and why?
- What did you try to do in the past year and didn’t finish/succeed? Is it still relevant to you in the New Year?
- If you were to step into New Year fresh and full of power, what would you really want to accomplish?
- If there was just one but truly meaningful improvement in your life or business, what would that be?
Creating a New Story:
If you were to be absolutely honest with yourself and courageously bold, how would you answer the following questions:
- What do you want more than anything else? What do you long to experience or create?
- If you had the opportunity to fully express your talents, what could you accomplish?
- What goals make you happy and awake the desire to move forward? How are they different from other goals?
- If you were to set 10 goals for the New Year, what would they be? How will your life change once you reach them? How would you personally change / grow?
- What is “success” for you? How would you know you are there?
- What would support you in the New Year and help you stay focused?
- What new/different things would you like to do in the New Year?
- How can you bring more laughter, more joy and happiness into your life in the New Year?
If you read the above questions and feel that you would you like a professional conversation over your goals for the New Year, just fill out the contact form and request a coaching session.
Alice: Oh, no, no. I was just wondering if you could help me find my way.
Cheshire Cat: Well that depends on where you want to get to.
Alice: Oh, it really doesn’t matter, as long as…
Cheshire Cat: Then it really doesn’t matter which way you go.
from Alice in Wonderland